Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

So here it is, New Year's Eve. I used to get so excited about this holiday marking the end of an old year and the beginning of a new one. As a child my cousins and I would go to my grandmother's house for the night. It was a three store Victorian home filled with lots of stuff in cavernous closets. We had the best hide-and-go-seek games EVER. For some reason we also always listened to a scary record that had ghost tales and the songs Monster Mash on it. Weird, right? That was our New Year's Eve, though.

Tonight Lee and I are alone, sans children, and we are just going to camp out in the living room. I'm so excited! Movies, food, and my hot hubby! Yay, New Year's!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun!

    I think we'll probably just go to bed early cause we're both so tired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new years eve was Mr. Gattis,swimming and a midnight bunco game with three great kiddos. They were so excited about all the great prizes. We topped the evening off with a call from the manager to quiet down. That was the best! My fav comment... Kiley could hardly sleep from thinking about how good she was at playing bunco. She won actually. I could hardly sleep from thinking what agreat way to start the new year. Mimi julie

    ReplyDelete