Pages

Monday, June 16, 2008

Sick Kids

Spencer caught a virus last week. He was so sick. He ran a fever of 104 and eventually his mouth broke out into blisters. Spencer was such a trooper, though. His sisters helped take care of him and popsicles seemed to make everything all better. Once I knew that it wasn't something caused by ticks we had gotten when we went camping I wasn't worried.

It's so different with the second and third one. I remember when Kiley ran a fever for the first time how I fretted over her. I was sure she was going to have a seizure (which she didn't), and I was equally sure that I was doing everything wrong. I now have something that only experience can give you: confidence.

2 comments:

  1. I hope spencer is over his virus now.

    Oh, and hello! I've just stumbled across your blog. I'm a home-educating mum of 4 children living in the UK.

    Jules x
    www.classroomfree.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it's not Lyme Disease. You had me freaked for a while there.

    Also, good to hear about your confidence. I always fear that my kid's going to get something she's not vaccinated for and they'll take me to jail!

    ReplyDelete