Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Learning Styles

One of my recurring frustrations in home schooling is trying to engage each of my children's learning style. The other night I was listening to focus on the family and heard a great broadcast. Thought I would share it: http://listen.family.org/daily/A000002856.cfm Cynthia Tobias is the author of several books. It's a two part series and totally worth listening to. One of the many things she touched on was global vs. analytical learners. Global learners tend to learn best through material that they are able to relate to their lives in some way. Global learners like to be with other people while learning and do well one on one. Analytical learners, on the other hand like a check list and to work on their own. Anyway, give it a listen and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment