I think I'm going to make this posting a weekly regular. Things I learned this week, or T.I.L.T.W., will consist of tidbits I pick up that will range from the poignant to the profound (slight sarcasm here). So here goes:
1. I learned that you can live without shampoo. My children have been for at least ten days. Yesterday I asked Kiley, "What have you been washing your hair with?" because I was growing suspicious of her slightly stringy hair. Kiley, 10, hesitantly answered, "With water?"
2. I learned that Chapstick, when tightly closed, gives laundry a lovely scent.
3. I learned that soy milk sours when you pour ginger ale into it.
4. I learned that watermelon does not turn into wine when left in the fridge for nine months.
5. I learned that you don't have to eat a Chucky Cheese to have a good time. In fact maybe you have more fun with just tokens.
6.. I learned that the vacuum cleaner was not intended to suck up styrofoam peanuts, and especially not 100 of them!